Light up Your Home with Mandarin Peel Lamp and Sunflower Oil
Sunflower oil always has its own amazing benefits. It is not like sunflower oil is meant for cooking purposes alone, but it can be used as a multipurpose oil. We all love lighting lamps at home, for it eradicates darkness and brings in rays of hope. Lighting a lamp is a symbol of peace and happiness. In the world of creativity, carrying out a DIY at home is the best entertainment that one can have during leisure time. It is not only a good source of entertainment but also it saves money by trying out with things that we use daily at home.
Decorating the house with an oil light in a mandarin peel is an inexpensive and a romantic idea for special occasions. It gives a warm orange glow to your house when it is lit up in a darkroom. Using sunflower oil on this DIY lamps will make it glow for almost 10 hours a day, till you refill it. It can be used on a cozy evening or on a late-night party to make your home look naturally warm and attractive. Instead of spending fortunes on an artificial lamp, spend some time and make this lamp with the simple ingredients that you have at home all the time. This is a simple, mind-blowing craft that can make people admire your skills. Using sunflower oil on this lamp will enrich the glow of the lamp and it lasts for long hours.
- Carving knife
- Sunright refined sunflower oil
- Decorative stand
Steps to make oil lamp with Mandarin peel and sunflower oil:
The steps to make this bewitching oil lamp is as simple as learning an alphabet :
- Peel the mandarin skin delicately into two halves and take the fruit out of it.
- Make sure to remove the fruit carefully from the bottom part as you have to leave the white thread-like fibers on the peel.
- Use the white strings as a wick to light the lamp.
- Now after peeling it into two halves, carve out a large piece of it from the top half of the mandarin peel. Cut any shape you want.
- Now carefully pour Sunright Refined Sunflower oil into the bottom half of the mandarin peel.
- Let it soak for half an hour and make sure to soak the wick too.
- After this step, cover the top with the hole back on. Make sure the hole is big so that the top peel does not burn.
- Now light the lamp in a dark room and see it glow like a moon.