Now Rogan Josh can be made at home with easy to get ingredients
Rogan Josh or Roghan ghosht, is an aromatically and exotically curried meat dish of Persian or Kashmir origin . It is usually made with lamb or goat and it can also me made with beef . It is colored and flavored primarily with Kashmiri red chilli,cayenne pepper and sweet paprika. It is one of the signature recipes of Kashmiri cuisine. Other than Kashmiri people, others don’t try this recipe at home, they usually end up having it in hotel . Rogan Josh is one of the most served dish in start hotel buffets.
Making it at home is not a very difficult task, try getting the mentioned ingredients and amaze your family by cooking it instantly. It’s a best Kahmiri dish, and when it is made with a best cooking oil, it would taste all the more perfect.
Ingredients needed to cook Rogan josh:
- 4 tablespoon oil Sunright refined sunflower oil
- 1 kg of lamb pieces
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 large Onion-thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 big size Garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 8 Cardamom pops
- 2 Bay leaves
- 5 full cloves
- 3 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fresh plain yogurt
- 1 cup of Lamb bone broth
Lamb bone broth preparation method :
- Take a pressure cook and add 1/4 kg of fresh lamb bones, 1 tablespoon of Sunright refined sunflower oil, 1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste,8 onion shallots, 1 teaspoon Geera , 1 teaspoon pepper corns , 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder , 1 green chilli , 2 stem of Coriander leaves and 2 springs of curry leaves
- Mix all the ingredients together and pressure cook them for 5 whistles
- Once the pressure is released keep filter the broth and keep it aside.
Steps to cook Rogan Josh Lamb curry:
- Take a 5 quart size large pan and heat Sunright sunflower oil and ghee to medium heat .Now add the meat and sear the meat in oil on all sides for 5 minutes. Now add ginger, garlic, onion slices and cook till the onion softens.
- Now add Cardamom, bay leaves , cloves , paprika, salt coriander , cumin, cinnamon stick , pepper and cayenne, and fry all the ingredients together for about 30 seconds
- Now with a help of a wooden spatula, push the lamb to one side of the pan, and add 2 tablespoons of yogurt to the empty area. Stir the yogurt continuously untill it blends , now add both the meat and yogurt together.
- Now add Lamb bone broth, and let the mixture boil , cover it with a lid , and cool for an hour untill the lamb gets soften and curry gets thickened . Stir occasionally
- Now remove the cloves and bay leaves , add salt and black pepper.
- Garnish it with 1 teaspoon of fresh cream , coriander and raw onions.
Cooking this awesome dish needs motivation and patience, why spend fortune on star hotel for Rogan Josh, try this enticing Kashmiri dish with in a few easy steps with Best cooking oil.