Sunflower oil makes dishes taste heavenly. There is no restrictions on ingredients when it comes to sunflower oil. Whether it is a non-vegetarian dish or a vegetarian dish Sunright refined sunflower oil gives a perfect taste. Cooking Lamb for a hot bowl of rice is the most desired and yummiest recipe that most of us know . But how easy it is for you, depends upon the ingredients you use, time you take and the taste you create is what makes you a great cook. This recipe is about cooking tender and juicy lamb pieces cooked as spicy gravy that tastes heavenly when consumed with Basmati rice or Biryani Rice.
This Easy, Mouth-watering dish can be cooked and eaten on any occasion especially when you invite your bestie or a family friend or even when you wish to cook something good for your husband. Sunright sunflower oil gets along with the tradition by blending easily with taste and preparation of any Indian non-vegetarian and vegetarian recipes !
- Sunright Refined Sunflower oil
- Half Kg Lamb pieces
- Half Teaspoon of Turmeric
- Half Teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- Half inch Cinnamon stick
- 2- 3 cloves
- 2-3 Cardamom pods
- 1 Green chilli, slit in the middle
- 2 Large onions finely chopped
- Half tablespoon Ginger and Garlic Paste
- Half teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 4 Large Tomatoes Finely pureed.
- 3 Table Spoon any meat Curry powder of your choice
- 1 Potato
- Half Tea spoon Garam Masala
- Half teaspoon Kasuri Methi
- Half Tablespoon Ghee
- Half tablespoon salt
Method to prepare:
- Add Turmeric Powder along all the sides of the Lamb and rub it all over till it gets evenly Coated.
- Take a Pressure Cooker and heat Sunright Refined Sunflower oil and Saute Fennel Seeds, Bay leaf, Cinnamon , Cardamom and Clovers for a minute. Add Green chilli , Onions and ginger garlic paste. Cook this mixture for 7-8 minutes till the onions gets translucent.
- Next Add coriander powder, mutton masala, Tomatoes,( any meat masala powder) and salt and cook it for 5 minutes till the tomatoes breaks down slightly. Add Mutton, potato pieces and add a cup of water to it and pressure cook it at medium flame for 30-40 minutes ( 5-6 whistles).
- After the pressure gets released, open the lid and begin to cook again. Add a little water if the gravy is too thick. Now add Garam masala, Kasuri Methi and Ghee and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Now make sure the lamb curry is thick and wait till the oil gets separated. Allow the curry to cool down for half and hour before you serve.
- Finally garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve it hot with steaming Basmati Rice .This dish tastes yummy with Sunright refined sunflower oil. Sunright refined sunflower oil has crossed milestones in delivering a healthy alternative and as a best cooking partner.